Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Sink From Hell
If your roommate, or you, has let the kitchen sink get wicked nasty, and I mean dishes, pots, pans, rotting food, it can be horrible experience cleaning it up. Once, after being out of town for two weeks, I returned to a sink full of nastiness. The remnants of numerous meals floated in murky funky water amongst half submerged dishes, pans and glasses. (Awwwww. Wasn't that sweet? My roommate decided to soak the dishes.) The stench was unbearable. Other than beans and rice, I couldn't identify any of the meals my roommate had prepared in my absence. I just wanted that funk gone as fast as possible. I gloved up and stacked all the dishes, cookware and cutlery into the dish drying rack and took it outside. I took it to a garden hose behind the building and laid out all the dishes on the ground and then sprayed out the now befouled drying rack. I then picked up each item, sprayed it down and stacked it back in the drying rack. After that, it was time to attack the sink. Had I a garbage disposal at the time, it would have been easy, but alas. So I triple bagged some plastic grocery bags, scooped out the nasty and then tied the bag up and threw it out. After I got it down to reasonable level, I kept spraying down the sink and emptying the drain trap. With things back to sane levels, I brought the dishes back in and did a normal wash-rinse-dry routine. It actually took much less time than I thought it would and the evil was gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment