Monday, September 24, 2007
Trashcan Blues
This may seem like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised. A roommate of mine had trashcan issues. Apparently he was adverse to trash bags. He had no problem emptying the trash when it was full, but once he took the old bag out, he wouldn't put a new liner in the can, even when I started keeping the bags directly over the trashcan. Then, he would just start pitching trash right into the trashcan sans the bag. Here is nasty little secret, once a trashcan is used without a liner, especially the kitchen trashcan, it will never be the same. No amount of hosing it out that will ever returning it to it's original condition. I know that bags occasionally leak, but that is nothing compared to all out freaky nastiness of a trashcan that's had an apple rooting in the corner of it. No amount of teasing him about it or, later, all out nagging him about it would make him change his way. Eventually I forbid him from taking out the trash, weirdly that didn't work. So, I bought a new trashcan and got the jump on him by taking out the trash whenever it was more than 2/3 full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment